Common Core Resources
This page serves as a collection point for resources on the Common Core education reform agenda, particularly as it pertains to the state of Utah.
This material is not meant to be an all encompassing list of items pertaining to Common Core, but instead those that serve as the most valuable resources.
- Testing Opt-Out FAQ. Have questions on opting out of the Common Core related testing? Find answers to the most common questions, including: "Which tests should I opt-out of?", "How do I opt-out?", and "What should my letter say?". Also includes a sample letter.
- Common Core in a Moderately Sized Nutshell by Alisha Jensen. This is the PDF version of Alisha Jensen's informative presentation on Common Core. It provides an excellent overview of the history of Common Core, including implementation in Utah. Well cited back-up material including many links to the original sources.
- Opting Out of Database Disclosures. Critical information on the disclosure of private student information from school databases and steps to opt-out from the disclosure where currently possible.
- A Parents' Proclamation: Asserting our Fundamental Right to Direct our Children's Education. Sign the proclamation to re-assert the fundamental rights of parents to direct our children's education.
- Next Generation Science Standards (aka Common Core for Science). Follow the debate and progress of the new proposed Science Standards for Utah, including lots of great background information.
- More Coming Soon