From the Federal Government to our local school boards, our elected officials are the major influence behind nearly every aspect of the education system, including curriculum, standards, testing, and funding. Whether your children are in public school, private school, homeschool, or some other alternative, it is critical to know where your elected officials stand on local direction of education. As parents, it is then our responsibility to engage in the political process that so heavily affects education. We provide the following resources to help with both aspects of this process.
Which Offices Have the Most Impact?
We strongly encourage citizens to be engaged and informed on all political offices, however some have a greater impact on education than others. Those with the most impact are:
- County School Board
- Utah State School Board
- State Senator
- State Representative
Find the contact information for your representatives on our Elected Officials page to let them know how you feel about pending bills and other important issues.
- Find Your Elected Officials. The first step is to discover which political districts you live in and who are the representatives for your area. Follow this step-by-step guide to find your elected officials.
- Elected Officials Information. Find the contact information for your representatives on our Elected Officials page to let them know how you feel about pending bills and other important issues.
- Local School Board. Find the Local Education group working in your community HERE for further information on your local school board.
- State Education Committees. Contact information for the critical Utah Senate and House Education Committees.
- Legislation. Keep track of critical legislation and take action as it passes through the legislative process.
- Elections. Information for upcoming and past elections, including candidate surveys and ULE grades.